STONEPEAK WEB SITE PRIVACY STATEMENTThis document was last updated on April 1, 2005.
This Privacy Statement describes our current privacy practices with regard to information we collect when you or your computer interact with our Web site www.stonepeakceramics.com.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USEWe collect information from our users and their computers when they view our Web site. We collect both personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information. We also collect information from you when you request support or make inquiries about our products or services. We may ask you to provide us with personally identifiable information at various points while you use our Web site, such as when you register for a Web site account or when you purchase products or services from us. Examples of the types of personally identifiable information we collect range from your e-mail address to your name, street address, phone or fax number, e-mail address, and credit card information.
We also may use some of this information in anonymous or statistical forms, such as aggregating geographic information from user addresses or types of industries in which users work, to better understand our customers. We also may ask you to optionally provide us information about your interests to be used for similar purposes. We will ask your permission before using this type of information in a way that personally identifies you.
LOG FILESWe use the information in our server log files to analyze trends in the usage of our Web site, to administer and maintain our Web site, to track a user's path through our Web site, and to gather broad demographic statistics about our Web site and the ways in which it is used. Most of the information in these files is not unique to you as an individual, such as the files requested and pages you visit on our Web site, the Web sites from which you may have been referred to our Web site, and information about the type of browser you use and its settings. Some of the log files contain IP addresses and other personally identifiable information, which are used to identify user connections and to resolve technical issues related to administration of our Web site.
You can instruct your browser to stop accepting cookies from our Web site. If you do so, however, you will hinder your experience by, for example, preventing yourself from viewing some information on our Web site and preventing us from displaying content customized to the preferences you have specified. You should, however, be able to access most parts of our site that are available to the general public.
TRANSPARENT GIF FILESIn addition to our own cookies, we use pixels, or transparent GIF files, on our site to help manage our online advertising and email marketing. These GIF files are provided by one or more thirdparty service providers, based on our specification as to where they are used. The files enable our service providers to recognize a unique cookie in your Web browser, which in turn enables us and our services providers to learn which advertisements and emails bring you to our website and how you use the site. Examples of the ways in which StonePeak and our third party service providers use GIF files include:
- Tracking customer response to StonePeak advertisements, emails and site content,
- Determining your ability to receive HTML-based email messages. This capability helps us or our service providers send you email in a format you can read.
- Knowing how many users open an email and allowing our service providers to compile aggregated statistics about an email campaign for us,
- Allowing us to better target interactive advertising; enhancing customer support and site usability; and providing offers and promotions that we believe would be of interest to you if you've given us permission to do so by opting-in to receiving them.
To conduct these or other activities, we or our service providers sometimes may link personal information you previously have provided us (such as, for example, your name, e-mail address, and the edition of our product that you purchased) to the information the GIF files provide about how you arrive at, navigate through, and leave our sites.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATIONWe will not disclose personally identifiable information we collect from you to third parties without your permission except to the extent necessary
- to fulfill your requests for products or services,
- to protect the security of our Web site, and users,
- to protect ourselves from liability,
- to respond to legal process or comply with law, or in connection with a merger, acquisition, or liquidation of the company.
We share statistical information about users of our web sites with third parties, including our vendors, customers, potential customers, distributors, and third parties that offer products or services for use with the StonePeak software. We do not link this information to any personally identifiable information.
We occasionally contract with other companies to provide limited services to us or on our behalf, such as billing or customer support services. When we do so, we provide these companies with only limited access to personally identifiable information.
In addition, we may occasionally join with other reputable companies to provide users with third party products and services. We will notify you at the time that you sign up for these products or services that these third parties will obtain personally identifiable information to provide the requested products or services. This Privacy Statement does not cover these companies' use of the information.
USER CHOICESUsers who wish to stop receiving electronic newsletters or marketing materials may unsubscribe by following the appropriate link in the e-mail, or, if you have a StonePeak Web account, by changing your preferences. Note, however, that in order to fulfill our service obligations to you, we must continue sending you notices and other important information affecting your account or services.
SECURITYWe take measures to protect the security of personally identifiable information we hold about you. These measures include
- encrypting sensitive information during transmission,
- limiting the number of our employees who have access to personally identifiable information,
- requiring employees with access to personally identifiable information to take appropriate measures to safeguard it, and
- storing your information in secure places that are protected using standard security technologies.
ACCESSING WEB ACCOUNT INFORMATIONWe will provide you with the means to ensure that personally identifiable information in your web account file is correct and current. You may review much of this information at any time by visiting your My Preferences page on our Web site. You can:
- View and edit your e-mail address and passphrase,
- Change your preferences on whether you want us to send you marketing information,
- Subscribe or cancel subscriptions to newsletters about StonePeak-related products and services,
- Deactivate your Web site account
If the information you wish to update or change is not available on your My Preferences page, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will endeavor to change the information for you.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENTStonePeak will occasionally update this Privacy Statement as our business and products evolve. When we do, we will also revise the "last updated" date at the top of the Privacy Statement. For material changes to this Privacy Statement, StonePeak will notify you by placing prominent notice on the Web site.